||4 years ago|
|patches||4 years ago|
|README.md||4 years ago|
|emojireplace.py||4 years ago|
Discord Android app patches.
Automatically patched binaries are available on distok.a3.pm/cutthecord.
- Get apktool
- Get a keystore, see here, step 1.
- Get 72x72 copies of latest version of mutant standard emojis with codepoints. I have a zip here.
- Extract the emojis you got somewhere.
- Clone this repo somewhere, edit
emojireplace.pyand set the
extracted_mutstd_pathfolder to the folder you just extracted emojis to.
Building an patched discord app
- Get a Discord apk (cough aptoide).
- Extract it with apktool (
apktool d <apk path>)
- Get all the necessary patches for that version. Necessary patches are not available for all versions and are only required to get some versions to pack together correctly.
- Get optional patches you want for your version. If the patch you want isn't available for your version, you'll have to port them yourself.
- Apply the patches (
patch -p1 < <patch name>).
emojireplace.pyto point to extracted discord folder (
extracted_discord_path), and apply emoji patches (
- Build the new APK (
apktool b com.discord-831)
- Sign the new APK (
jarsigner -keystore <keystore path> <foldername>/dist/<foldername>.apk <alias>)
- Get your new APK from
<foldername>/dist/<foldername>.apk, install and enjoy!
diff -crB -x "dist" -x "res" -x "build" CleanFolder PatchedFolder > patchname.patch
Disclaimer about emojos
This [thing] uses Mutant Standard emoji (https://mutant.tech), which are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/).