Spreading privacy & security to the masses
Our content is designed to make privacy & security digestable, while covering thorough topics to educate all experience levels.
Who Are We?
Henry- Musician, runner, privacy-advocate, dog-owner, student, and proud owner of Techlore.
Tori- Coffee drinker, writer, techie, privacy advocate, and avid watcher of psychological thrillers. Overly sarcastic.
Aydan- Artist/musician, and a connoisseur of good times! Excited to share the story of privacy on the web, across the web!
Where Do We Post Content?
- YouTube YouTube is the platform we started on and will continue to publish to. We are firm believers in targeting the masses who are using non-private platforms like YouTube.
- LBRY.tv LBRY is a federated and privacy-respecting YouTube alternative for users who don't want to engage with our content through YouTube.
- PeerTube Similar to LBRY, PeerTube is another method of watching our content in a freedom-respecting way. Major shoutout to Privacytools.io for hosting our content for us.
We have never received any obligated form of compensation for covering a service or product on our channel--we don't do sponsored content.
- We've received multi-hundred dollar offers to include product links in descriptions for videos--we said no.
- We've been asked to do short mid-roll ads covering privacy software for thousands of dollars over the course of several videos--we said no.
- We've been asked to review products in exchange for a set price--we said no.
- We've been asked to give positive reviews of services for a set price--we said no.
We simply don't accept compensation to cover a service. We cover things through our own free will and wouldn't want it any other way.
Affiliate marketing is our largest source of revenue.
Affiliate marketing has a bad rep and for good reason--they're frequently abused with little transparancy behind their usage. However, affiliate marketing offers the utmost creative freedom to individuals without relying on a traditional sponsorship relationship where conflicts of interest may arise.
As individuals, we crave the creative freedom to select and drop our sources of income at will; we created this document explaining how we prevent conflicts of interest and maintain transparancy behind what we recommend to our audience. We will not allow our content or recommendations to be influenced by an affiliate plan.
You'll find some of our assets in this repo. You are not allowed to steal our assets, but if you're covering our work and would like to reference us go for it.
You'll find some of our pre-production scripts in this repo. For larger projects we want to make sure we are as accurate as possible, and publishing some of our scripts to be verified by the community may catch obvious mistakes we may otherwise miss.
What Else Do We Do?
Great question! We're not just a YouTube channel. We are aiming to expand into other methods to advocate for privacy.
- Go Incognito is our free course teaching users everything they need to know from start to finish about privacy and security. Go Incognito Site | Go Incognito Repo
- Techlore consulting is for those needing more direct support to navigate the world of privacy. Whether you're a public figure or need a general checkup, we can give you the individual help you need. More information here.
- We host several communities to offer a place for people to chat about privacy and learn from other community members. We believe in offering a tier-based system: from non-privacy services to heavily-privacy-respecting to cater to all possible audiences and give them a place to chat about privacy. Our goal is for members to start in community 1 and end up in community 3. To better accomodate this transition, we've bridged communities 1 & 3 so they can directly communicate with each other. Even if they decide not to switch, we are aware of varying threat models and are happy to accomodate community memebrs of all levels.
- Surveillance Report is our weekly news video & podcast to keep viewers up to speed with what's happening in the privacy & security world. Listen today on all major platforms & RSS.
- Plexus is our first non-creative product we're building. Plexus crowd-sources what apps work/don't work without Google Play Services for users looking to switch to a de-googled ROM.
- Community-driven VPN reviews. We’ve developed a community-driven process of systematically reviewing VPNs, while offering resources to educate individuals on VPN providers. Techlore VPN ToolKit | Techlore VPN Repo
- We have many more projects we'd love to work on, but our small team already has enough on its plate. As we expand, we hope to continue to find new ways of advocating for user privacy. Stay tuned!